Aquila is a custom web application for ship construction where it manages tasks and to-dos for shipowner, shipyard, and other parties, as well as tracks communication amongst them.
A few new potential clients triggered an initiative for a "new design", and so there was an opportunity to rethink many things - improve existing workflows, update the visual, and tacke some long standing design debt.
This was more like trying to "persuade" the management to invest in design. I've put together several design documents including an updated UI across the app, and a plan on how to implement it in phases, improvement on existing components, and push for consistency within the app. As well as new concepts that may help push the app towards becoming more of a product. I even managed to push for a React upgrade for the dev team.
Fleet Performance System is a custom web application that tracks many data points while a ship travels from A to B, such as position data, fuel efficiency, schedule and crew, for an entire fleet of ships. One of the key modules in the app was the Schedule, which was updated every week to show where all the ships are going and their estimated date of arrival.
The previous design was simple and provided a calendar view across the entire fleet; since it was used quite heavily, the client were looking for ways to get more out of the system.
I worked with the client to figure out how exactly users were using this page - what they are looking for and how can we help them find it faster, as well as relevant information that may come in handy when an user needs to know when a ship is going to be where on what date. We were able to put together an updated design with several improved features such as able to edit a watch list on the spot, show potentially how busy a port would be on a specific date, provide additional details to specific vessel.
A web app for capturing cost and expenses for ship owners and agents when a ship arrives to port,disbursement account module allows agent to view list of DAs and its statuses, create a Proforma DA when an appointment is accepted.
This was an advanced system where user needed to going through many steps and filled in many forms for their work; at the same time some of these users only logged in once every few weeks; speed and ease of use were the most important factors. The existing system was outdated and had a lot of manual entry that could be improved and save users time.
I spent a week with the client to gain an understanding how the business and the DA work. Everyday I would present what was done, and ran through any ideas and questions about the design. We continued the work remotely and coordinate through Basecamp and Jira, and handed off a design package for the main workflow.
Build website for A3; A3 is a web application from Callisto Systems to help port agents do their work.
The client had started on a new design for the website but was unfinished. They also needed some changes for the proposed new design.
Sometimes small changes and tweaks can go a long way. I provided a new revision with changes that matches closer to the client's branding / style, along with their feedback. Not everything needs a redesign, I was able to keep the overall feel the same, and just adjusted certain layouts and elements in the content.
These are tools I use pretty much everyday, or my preferred choice when it's needed
These are items I use occasionally, used them for a specific project, or I use them but I don't actually know how it works in details (for example, I can git commit / rebase / fix conflicts for you in Terminal, but I won't be the one explaining how Git really works)
All of the ways to reach me firstname.lastname@example.org